Across an array of neurologic diseases, there is often a lack of objective diagnostic testing. In the case of Parkinson’s disease and related disorders, autopsy studies suggest an over 30% misdiagnosis rate particularly early in the disease course in part because of this lack of easily accessible and reliable diagnostics.
The Syn-One Test® from CND Life Sciences was developed to help clinicians visualize misfolded alpha-synuclein protein within the nerves of the skin providing a unique and convenient window into the central nervous system. The test offers the highest accuracy of any alpha-synuclein biomarker test, demonstrating over 95% sensitivity and specificity in a recently presented multi-center NIH-funded study.
The Syn-One Test utilizes three small skin biopsies taken from the patient in the clinician’s office. These types of skin biopsies, which have been used for over 20 years to help diagnose small fiber neuropathies, now have real world utility in the area of cognitive disorders, movement disorders, and autonomic disorders.
Advantages of a punch skin biopsy test:
- In-office procedure performed in 15 minutes
- Minimally invasive, convenient and well tolerated for patients
- Does not require stitches
- Can be performed by MD, DO, NP, or PA
- Biopsy training and support available for clinicians
- Uses established CPT codes
Advantages of the test kit:
- Provided at no charge to clinicians
- Can be ordered via website, phone, or CND representative
- Stable for up to one year at room temperature
- Prepaid return FedEx Label included
- Shipped at room temperature
The Syn-One Test is a convenient, minimally invasive tool that is accurate, cost-effective, and can be easily incorporated into your neurology practice. To learn more about the test and how it may benefit your patients and practice, visit cndlifesciences.com.